The BLK ProjeK is Hiring!
We are super psyched to be able to offer a paid internship to a bright and enthusiastic candidate for the summer and beginning of fall. We are currently looking for a Farmer's Market Outreach Intern. The ideal candidate will:
- Support the Farmer's Market & Micro-business Coordinator
- Engage larger community about the farmers market and the micro-business merchant fund
- Attend relevant community meetings with the purpose of outreach engagement
- Flyer, door-knock and canvass the Longwood, Hunts Point and Mott Haven Communities
- Create and maintain a blog and social media platforms in regards to the Farmer's Market
- Must be able to work 20 - 25 hours a week and commit to early/mid September
- Spanish is a plus!
- Be articulate, pleasant and possess a great sense of humor
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and slightly noisey environment.
- Have some time flexibility
- Love food, working in the community and thick skinned
- Comfortable blogging and using social media.
- Possess good writing skills
- Compensation includes a stipend and transportation
If you are interested please send your resume, summer availability and a brief paragraph on why you think this position is a good fit for you (this will be reviewed as a writing sample) to ed(at)theblkprojek.org
Please note that you DO NOT have to be a college student to apply, Bronx residents, women, people of color and LGTBQ folks are all strongly encouraged to apply however, we will interview ALL qualified applicants.